Craig’s Comments: From time to time I like to feature people who are doing positive things in the world. Michelle Dobbins is definitely one of those people. She is the founder and writer of the blog DailyAlchemy.Com Michelle is helping to change and improve the world by sharing the many wonderful ways she has learned how to bring magic into her world. By sharing her wonderful spiritual lessons, Michelle not only makes her life a magical spiritual adventure, she also helps others to do the same. Today I am pleased to have her share some of her lessons with us.
Five Ways to Shine Your Light in the World
By Michelle Dobbins
I found Craig’s blog a month or so ago and I love what he is doing here. Many of the messages from his posts were just what I needed to hear at the moment I read them. He asked me to share with his readers about my mission to create positive thought and action.
I started my blog, Daily Alchemy, as a writing blog and it evolved into a positive thought blog. I found that even though I desire to write fiction, I really have no desire to write about the writing process, so I started blogging about my beliefs on how to live life and viola….Daily Alchemy was born. I never wanted to write a spiritual blog, but I followed step by step guidance and that’s where God led me.
I’d like to share five easy ways to find your own path to being a positive light in the world.
- Start where you are. You don’t have to write a blog, be a life coach or minister to affect other people’s lives. Right in front of us are family, friends and maybe co-workers, who could be blessed by us. Be a happiness role model. When we are joyous, we spread joy just by being ourselves. Visualize others being happy. Help out where you can, while maintaining a positive attitude. Give them a hand up, but don’t allow anyone to drag you down. If you want to do something fun, go to http://www.29gifts.org and see how awesome it feels to give simple gifts to friends and strangers.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. If you are on Craig’s site, you are already doing that. In every area of life that you can, focus on being in the company of positive people. I personally like Unity School of Christianity, but you can be any religion or none. You can get a lot of spiritual nourishment online, but I would suggest to try to find at least one person you can spend time with in the “real world” who can raise your vibration.
- Follow your Bliss. Do what you love. I love to write fiction and I hope to make people feel joy when they read my books. I started writing and following advice that resonated with me. Even though none of my books are ready to go out into the world yet, it’s led me to connect with wonderful people and hopefully inspire some. You can shine you light fixing air conditioners or singing on a stage. It doesn’t matter what you do, but how you do it.
- Listen to your Guidance. Things don’t always happen the way we plan them. When I get guidance from dreams or sign, I follow it, even if it’s not what I had originally planned. I felt guided to put a Magic question of the day on my twitter and Facebook, A simple, effective question designed to create positive thought. Sometimes, I worry that it’s a silly waste of time, but if it has made one person smile or gave them a sign that they are on the right path, it’s worth it. So I continue to do things I’m guided to do. I reach out to people when I feel led to, even when I’m afraid they might not be interested.
- Don’t be afraid to look weird. Being a positive light in the world means that you are focusing on shining your light for others. If that’s your goal, it doesn’t matter if someone unlikes you on Facebook or how much traffic your blog gets. All you have to do if shine your light and let God or the universe worry about the hows and the whens. Really all you have to do is be happy and take action when you are led.
Take Craig’s advise on meditation, it makes this go much smoother and easier. It’s not hard to love the world, just do it and magic will happen in your life. I promise.
Craig’ closing comments: To shine our light is so important. Michelle has given us some insightful, easy to understand, ways to do so. Thank you so much Michelle for sharing.