“The Kingdom of Heaven Is Spread Upon The Earth But Men Do Not See It.” (Ancient words for truly living and enjoying here and now.)

English: Gospel of Thomas or maybe gnostic Gos...
English: Gospel of Thomas or maybe gnostic Gospel of Peter (see talk page). (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Years ago I got the same message from the same passage from two different sources in the same day.  First I heard it in from Joseph Campbell in an interview with Bill Moyers.  Then I saw it in the Movie Stigmata.  It came from the Thomas Gospel, dug up in 1945.  It is an ancient text reported by many scholars to be the closest to the original words of Jesus.  The words were absolutely fascinating and changed my life.

The people were asking Jesus “when will the kingdom come, this kingdom of heaven you are talking about?”  Jesus replied “the kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth but men do not see it.”  I said “wait, spread upon the earth.”  Up until this point I thought Heaven was when I was in deep meditation, traveling deep within, seeing magnificent sights.  But now I was being challenged to see my whole world as Heaven.  Always loving a spiritual challenge. I decided to put it to the test.

I looked for the good everywhere I went.  Even if a situation was bad to me initially, I began to ask” how is God and The Universe trying to hook me up in ways that I can’t see at the moment?”  As I leaned into this idea more and more, my whole world changed.  I looked for harmony everywhere I went.  In time I could see how things were magically put together, just for me.  As I went through my days I would talk to God in my mind asking questions and wait to see the answers show up in my world. Some days I would thank God and the Universe for anything I could think of.  The tire not going flat on the way to get my kids from school, anything!   My life became a daily adventure to see how many ways could I see my world as Heaven.   Within a short period of time my whole world changed.   I had more money, a great relationship, I loved my house, the kids loved the house, my kids were happy, I was happy, I was finally writing my first book, I was on a spiritual high.  This was just after my second divorce.  It could have been a depressing time, instead, it was a whole new wonderful beginning.

Craig

Comments ( 21 )

• User
    dmdobbins98

6 years ago

Goosebumps! I love how God will keep sending us the messages we need to hear. I need to remember that the kindom is heaven is spread on the Earth. Wow! I’m always focusing on what’s good, but focusing on the kindgom of heaven, that is even more powerful. Love it!

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough and Meditative Zone

6 years ago

Thank you I am glad you liked the post.

• User
    thorns4roses

6 years ago

Most encouraging read, Craig, and thank you for sharing. You are really tuned into what many call Serendipity.

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough and Meditative Zone

6 years ago

I am glad that you enjoyed the post. I always loved the idea of serendipity.

• User
    lavernjdewilde

6 years ago

Very nice. The eye of beauty, thus is heaven, thus is paradise within.

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough and Meditative Zone

6 years ago

Thank you. And of course I agree with your comments on beauty and heaven.

• User
    Mark Lanesbury

6 years ago

Beautiful! It is amazing when you reach that point and finally begin to see. Welcome to life 🙂

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough and Meditative Zone

6 years ago

Thank you my friend. You are quite correct. It is an amazing thing and always good to be truly alive. Peace and Blessings

• User
    robertorockyperez

6 years ago

Very thought-provoking. Many people live in the constant anticipation of the future – wherein, lies their hope for resurrection to eternal life. We must come to accept the fact that the future is only an illusion, it is very much like the past; the only thing that exists is the present. This world was created for us to dwell in and marvel at its beauty and intricacies, most of us in this modern age have stopped to appreciate the moment. Your post inspires these people to think otherwise. Thanks.

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough and Meditative Zone

6 years ago

Thank you I am glad you like the post. I agree the only time is the present and we do need to marvel at the beauty and intricacies found here. Peace and Blessings

• User
    V.A. Farria

6 years ago

Thank you for this wonderful post and the beautiful message.
    Peace and blessings,
    Vee

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough and Meditative Zone

6 years ago

Thank you for reading and sharing. I am glad that you enjoyed and agree with the message. Peace and Blessings

• User
    Tim Erwin

6 years ago

excellent my friend…just excellent. keep going further in. you’re a genius.

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough Positive Guru

6 years ago

Thank you so much for the wonderful complement. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the post. Peace and Blessings

• User
    Andreas Antero Ahrens

6 years ago

Thank you very much for this beautiful post. Yes gratefulness can be a (constant)biggie ,…is a biggie.a spiritual crackajack. I am grateful you followed my blog so that I found and followed yours 😀 Peace and Blessings

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough Positive Guru

6 years ago

Thank you I am glad that you enjoyed the post.
      Thank you for following my blog also. I am grateful to you for your wonderful blog. Peace and Blessings

• User
    oldpoet56

6 years ago

Hi Craig, I grew up going to the local Church of Christ. They did not understand the passage where Jesus said that “some of you standing here shall not taste of death until you see the the Kingdom of Heaven come with power.” As you probably know the Kingdom of Heaven Jesus was referring to was on the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit was given to men. We humans are a tabernacle, a home, a dwelling place of the Holy Spirit, the ‘Kingdom of God’ resides within the believers, the followers of God. This is why Jesus said that my own shall know my voice, because the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one.

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough Positive Guru

6 years ago

I agree. This is so difficult sometimes to see that the Father. the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one. And that all is within us.

• User
    oldpoet56

6 years ago

Reblogged this on Truth Troubles.

• User
    kishanlakhotia

6 years ago

Certainly, by accepting all the conditional phenomena as the way it is, we would be able to enjoy the life.

1. User
      Craig Kimbrough Positive Guru

6 years ago

Thank you my friend. I agree, and as we accept and enjoy more enjoyable realities are then created as a result.